Need your suggestion wictor

Sep 29, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Hi Wictor,

Till now I have no issues using chartpart webpart on my list. But now as the number of items in the list is increasing I was asked to go for multiple parameter based filtering of the list and then generating reports on that ( because pie chart doesnot look good if we have all the values in the list we cannot distinguish sectors wright?)

I tried this with the help of: http://geekswithblogs.net/SoYouKnow/archive/2009/09/16/sharepoint-date-filter-filtering-a-list-by-greater-than-or.aspx 

even I have to include multiple parameters but I came to know that data view does not take multiple input parameters for filtering.( I am not sure).

Even if I go with this single parameter based solution going with this XSLT data view is modifying the listview so for chartpart to generate the report upon this filtered list I cannot specify the 'view'.

Can you please suggest me what would be the best approach to do this. Can you suggest me any other solutions Please.

Regards,

Harish

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Hi,

I'm aware of this and similar problems. ChartPart is not now designed for large lists (will be better in upcoming versions hopefully 2.5).

I have not tried the solution you suggest, but as soon as I get time I will try to create something similar.

/WW