ChartPart WebPart does not work, locked one does

May 4, 2009 at 8:13 AM

Hi!

I seem to have problems with the beta version of ChartPart.

I've installed it like said and when i want to add the ChartPart webpart i get following error:
Unable to add selected web part(s).

ChartPart: Could not load file or assembly ‘ChartPart, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b674bef227b83bb’ or one of its dependencies. The located assembly’s manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

When i add the (Locked)ChartPart WebPart, it does work.

Anyone know how does goes?

Thanks in advance

Coordinator
May 4, 2009 at 12:44 PM
Hi,
thanks for testing ChartPart.
Take a look at http://chartpart.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=9832 for your problem.
Updated beta will be out pretty soon.
/WW
May 4, 2009 at 1:47 PM
Hi,

I've did this, and now the standard ChartPart works and i don't get an error anymore,

but when i want to click 'OK' to make the Chart, there doesn't happen anything...
May 4, 2009 at 1:48 PM
i found the problem, i didn't filled in some values
Coordinator
May 4, 2009 at 2:30 PM
Great,
Have fun!
/WW
May 25, 2009 at 9:49 AM

Hello,

When i installed ChartPart 2.0 on our development server, everything was fine.

When we made it upon te Live server, we got the following error:

An exception occurred:System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options) at System.Web.UI.DataVisualization.Charting.ChartHttpHandlerSettings.Inspect() at System.Web.UI.DataVisualization.Charting.ChartHttpHandlerSettings.ParseParams(String parameters) at System.Web.UI.DataVisualization.Charting.ChartHttpHandlerSettings..ctor(String parameters) at System.Web.UI.DataVisualization.Charting.ChartHttpHandler.InitializeParameters() at System.Web.UI.DataVisualization.Charting.ChartHttpHandler.EnsureInitialized(Boolean hardCheck) at System.Web.UI.DataVisualization.Charting.Chart.GetImageStorageMode() at System.Web.UI.DataVisualization.Charting.Chart.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) at ChartPart.ChartPartWebPart.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) The action that failed was: Demand The type of the first permission that failed was: System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission The Zone of the assembly that failed was: MyComputer

May 25, 2009 at 11:59 AM

it works

solution was: set TrustLevel to full in web.config files

Dec 1, 2009 at 12:34 AM

I am getting same error... Can anyone please help and be more clear on the solution?

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2009 at 8:55 PM
ksukhija wrote:

I am getting same error... Can anyone please help and be more clear on the solution?

Can you please tell me details on how you installed ChartPart and which version you are using?

/WW