Installation Problems

Apr 19, 2009 at 8:27 PM
I hope that someone can help me with this please?

I have followed all the instructions for installation of version 2 and still cant seem to get this webpart added to any of my pages.

The ChartPart shows up in the webparts list and is deployed and also appears in the site settings. However I get the following error when adding the webpart.

"Unable to add selected web part(s).

ChartPArt: A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Page cannot be displayed or imported. The Type could not be found or its not regietered as safe.

Coordinator
Apr 25, 2009 at 8:27 AM

If you go to your web.config and configure it to show the error messages;

• <customErrors mode="Off"/>
  • <compilation batch="false" debug="true"/>
  • <SafeMode ... CallStack="true" .../>

What is the error message after that.
/WW

Apr 25, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Thanks for the reply Wictor, there is an entry in the web.config as follows:-

<SafeControl Assembly="ChartPart, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b674fbef227b83bb" Namespace="ChartPart" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />

Coordinator
Apr 25, 2009 at 11:33 AM
Great,
have you installed the preequisities? Make sure that you have activated the MSChartControls also.
/WW
Apr 25, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Well I thought this was enabled but the option for mschartcontrols doesn’t appear in this site collection so I guess this could be the problem?

Sent: 25 April 2009 12:34
To: David McPherson
Subject: Re: Installation Problems [ChartPart:53778]

Great,
have you installed the preequisities? Make sure that you have activated the MSChartControls also.
/WW

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ChartPart@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ChartPart@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Apr 25, 2009 at 2:39 PM
Hi,
you activate the chart controls on web application level (ie in Central Admin)
/WW    
Apr 30, 2009 at 4:12 AM
I am getting the same error. In addition it specifically says "ChartPart: is not a valid value for Int32.". I have confirmed that I have activated MSChartPart controls under Central Admin. I have also installed MS Chart Controls. Do I need to add anything to the web.config to allow SharePoint to reference or use the MS chart controls?
Apr 30, 2009 at 8:02 AM

I haven’t been able to resolve this as yet

Sent: 30 April 2009 05:13

I am getting the same error. In addition it specifically says "ChartPart: is not a valid value for Int32.". I have confirmed that I have activated MSChartPart controls under Central Admin. I have also installed MS Chart Controls. Do I need to add anything to the web.config to allow SharePoint to reference or use the MS chart controls?

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ChartPart@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ChartPart@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Apr 30, 2009 at 8:24 AM
Hi, thanks for the feedback. I will look into it further. Can you please check your logfiles in the 12\LOGS and see if you can spot any more infomation on the issues there?
/WW
Apr 30, 2009 at 3:35 PM
Btw, I am trying to use v2 beta 1.

I will try again and look at the logs.

Another interesting piece. While I was not able to ad the ChartPart but I was able to add the Locked ChartPart. Not sure if that helps or not.
Apr 30, 2009 at 3:49 PM
Here are the only apparent error entries related to the ChartPart:

Error importing WebPart. Assembly  ChartPart, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b674fbef227b83bb, TypeName. ChartPart.ChartPartWebPart  

Failed to add webpart http%253A%252F%252Fdevwin2003%253A102%252Fsites%252Finfopath%252F%255Fcatalogs%252Fwp%252FChartPart%252Ewebpart;ChartPart.  Exception Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartPageUserException:  is not a valid value for Int32.     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartImporter.CreateWebPart(Boolean clearConnections)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartImporter.Import(SPWebPartManager manager, XmlReader reader, Boolean clearConnections, Uri webPartPageUri, SPWeb spWeb)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartImporter.Import(SPWebPartManager manager, XmlReader reader, Boolean clearConnections, SPWeb spWeb)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartQuickAdd.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) 

And again I do not get any errors adding ChartPart (Locked). It is added to the web part with no issues at all.
Coordinator
May 3, 2009 at 8:44 AM
Edited May 3, 2009 at 8:45 AM
Hi,
check  this issue/work item for a resolution.
/WW
May 3, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Wictor, problem solved thank you. I followed all the instructions again and all working well now. Thank you very much for your help.

Sent: 03 May 2009 09:45

Hi,
check this issue [workitem:9832] for a resolution.
/WW

May 3, 2009 at 11:59 PM
Wictor,

Ditto. It worked for me as well. Thanks for your assistance.

Curious, what was the trick in the source code?
Coordinator
May 4, 2009 at 6:59 AM
It was a parameter in the .webpart file that is of the type int that had missing values. I'm not sure why it worked on the machine I tested it on, it shouldn't have. Anyways now it has default values.
/WW