Error while activating the feature

Nov 18, 2008 at 11:13 AM
Edited Nov 18, 2008 at 11:57 AM

Hi wictor,

i use the german version of wss 3.0. When i try to activate the feature, the error message is:

Fehler beim Anwenden einer Änderung von 'web.config' auf die Datei 'configuration/appSettings'. Der angegebene Knoten "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80\web.config" wurde in der Datei 'web.config' nicht gefunden.

which means something like

Error apply changes of 'web.config' to file 'configuration/appSettings'. The specified node "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80\web.config" couldn't be found in File 'web.config' .

Could that be an issue of the German version or should i add/edit someting manually in the web.config file ?

Greets Marco

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2008 at 11:57 AM
Heya and thanks for the feedback.

If you check your web.config file, at the location specified in your message. Can you find an element called <appSettings> below the <configuration> element? If not try to add an empty element called appSettings like this <appSettings></appSettings> under the <configuration> element.

/WW
Coordinator
Nov 18, 2008 at 11:59 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.