What features are you missing?

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2008 at 8:43 AM
Have you tried the ChartPart for SharePoint? If so what features are you missing?
I would like to have your input on the future releases of ChartPart for SharePoint so we can have a great product in our SharePoint projects.
Dec 12, 2008 at 6:20 PM
Nice job. Thanks for setup.exe :), it helps during setup process.
How about webpart connection from your chart?
Ex: Clicking on bar value = geting filtered values based on some field value in another list on same page.
Thanks . Saulius
Coordinator
Dec 13, 2008 at 9:58 AM
Heya,
thats the main feature I'm trying to implement for version 2.0.
I already have implemented so that the chart is taking the values from a filtered list view web part.
Another thing that's going on is that I'm making a "system" so that you can lock the layout, palette etc of the ChartPart so that you get a consistent look of your charts across your farm.
/WW
Dec 16, 2008 at 4:15 PM
Hey wictor,

i finally got your webpart running and its amazing. additionally to the feature mentioned above, it would be great to have a sum count also.... (I like this item count thing !!!)

thanks
Marco
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2008 at 8:09 PM
Hi, glad you like it.
Summing is one of the new features I'm working on.
/WW
Jan 8, 2009 at 5:43 PM
Having a pie chart option would be great.
Coordinator
Jan 8, 2009 at 7:10 PM
Pie charts are part of v 2.0 which is coming relatively soon....
Jan 8, 2009 at 7:55 PM
Great,

I can't wait to try it out.
Jan 14, 2009 at 7:51 PM
Hi,
This is a great tool.

A very minor note: When a user adds a list to a page and creates a view that way (instead of creating the view directly in the list), a view gets created to the list, stored as a hidden view with an empty title. Those views are shown as empty rows in ChartPart's toolpane. I think either showing those views with some description or hiding them might be better. We used views' Url but there was some checking/parsing involved, and perhaps this doesn't suit every environment.
Coordinator
Jan 14, 2009 at 9:47 PM
Thanks Tomi for the feedback.
I will look into it in V2
/WW
Jan 15, 2009 at 10:48 AM
Have you done any measurement about performance? I mean a user may insert the ChartPart to a high-traffic page quering a view from any site with many items. What about caching?
Coordinator
Jan 15, 2009 at 12:18 PM
Nope, I have not done that.
Feel free to test it out...
/WW
Feb 16, 2009 at 8:42 PM
Thanks for an excellent tool. I'd like to request the ability to position the legend below the chart (left and top too).
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2009 at 9:08 PM
Hi, thats already in the upcoming v2, thanks for the feedback.
/WW
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2009 at 9:08 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Apr 5, 2009 at 12:48 AM
Great work so far!  Have you considered adding the ability to use other data sources (SQL Server, for example)?
Coordinator
Apr 5, 2009 at 6:15 PM
Hi,
yes I have considered it. but have no plans of it at the moment.
/WW
May 12, 2009 at 6:26 PM

Hi,

I have installed beta 2 and it's a huge improvement over v1.0.  Thank you.

A few things I'd like to see:

1.   Ability to choose X-axis and Y-Axis values from a list column.  Right now it seems I have to use count for my x-axis.

2.  On the pie chart for example, ability to display % instead of #.

3.  Allow for 3 axis points (x, y, z)

4.  Ability to allow clickable charts to bring you to another URL for drillin purposes.

Thanks again!

Craig

Coordinator
May 13, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Thanks,

a lot of nice things that you suggest. I will look into it, probably not until 2.1 or similar though...

/WW

Jul 6, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Hello,

If I'm not wrong, the only values that you can now dilpsay are count and sum of chosen columnt. I think it would be cool to be able to display other mathematical values which can be picked in "Totals" when editing a list view.

Regards

WW

Jul 20, 2009 at 3:47 AM

Hi Wictor,

The ability to do averages on list columns would be very handy. The other thing is the ability to round summed results.

When providing totals on the graph the ability to round to 2 decimal places or whole numbers would make it a bit neater.

Regards,

Andrew