Successful setup but feature / web part is NOT found on MOSS site collection.

Jan 28, 2009 at 8:28 PM
Hello Wictor,

We tried to install ChartPart on our MOSS 2007 installation and although the installation completed successfully, we cannot find the ChartPart feature in the Site Collection or Site features section in order to activate it.

Can you please help ?

Thank you for your time and any pointers you may have with regards to our issue.
Panayotis
Coordinator
Jan 28, 2009 at 11:47 PM
Hi,
here are some things you can check.
- go to the Site Settings->Web Part Gallery Click on New, can you find the ChartPart there?
- which installation did you do? If did one of the automted ones, try a manual install (http://www.codeplex.com/ChartPart/Wiki/View.aspx?title=install)

/WW
Feb 3, 2009 at 11:49 AM
Hi Wictor,

I am facing the same problem as reported by Panayotis. I've tried the automated install as well as the manual install.

I went to Site Settings -> Galleries -> Web Parts -> New, but I still don't see ChartPart there.

Panayotis, were you able to get this to work?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sarith
Feb 3, 2009 at 12:00 PM
Hi Sarith,
Having seen that a few people had problems installing this webpart to their environments, I have postponed installation and I have looked at other commercial alternatives.

I shall probably try to install it when my staging environment is ready.

Regards,
Panos

On 03 Φεβ 2009, at 13:49, sarithsircar <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Wictor,

I am facing the same problem as reported by Panayotis. I've tried the automated install as well as the manual install.

I went to Site Settings -> Galleries -> Web Parts -> New, but I still don't see ChartPart there.

Panayotis, were you able to get this to work?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sarith
Feb 4, 2009 at 10:43 AM
Hi,
Just to speak about my experience regarding the installation of this web part.
After the installation of the prerequisites (.net 3.5 SP1 and MSchart), I tried to install this component by using the automatic install.
Then I had exactly the same problem than some of you : I was unable to find the web part in the site collection features (even if it was said that the solution was correctly deployed in the central administration).

Here is what I have done to solve this issue :
1- launch again the setup and remove the solution
2- Then I follow all the instuctions given by Wictor for the manual installation (refer to the manual)
3- Lastly I correct one minor issue I had in the web.config file. In the Http handlers section, I had the following line :

<add path="ChartImg.axd" verb="GET,HEAD,POST" type="System.Web.UI.DataVisualization.Charting.ChartHttpHandler, System.Web.DataVisualization, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false" />   

I replace the value of the verb attribute by * and after an IISreset I'm now able to use the component without any problems.

Hope this message will help some of you.

H.
Feb 4, 2009 at 11:28 AM
Thanks Herv. Will give it a shot and get back.

Sarith
Coordinator
Feb 4, 2009 at 12:10 PM
Thanks Herv for making a good instruction.
Next release of ChartPart will include some of these updates and it will have a separate feature for fixing the web.config stuff. This will help isolating the possible problems in the future.
/WW
May 28, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Herv's method worked fine for me.